Athena Leadership supports a variety of philanthropic initiatives in Manitoba. If you are interested in supporting us with a cash or in-kind donation, please contact email@example.com.
|Donate to the Athena Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Fund
Athena Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Fund
The Athena Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship Fund is awarded annually to a young woman who exemplifies our values, as well as the characteristics of the Greek goddess Athena (wisdom, strategy, and heroism). She will have a proven track record in making a difference in other people’s lives through strong community involvement and a commitment to her own professional development.
- Woman aged 18 to 24 years old as of January 1 of the current calendar year
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited Manitoba post-secondary education institution
- Applicant has proven track record of contributing to the community
How to Apply
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2013:
- Your full name, age, date of birth, phone, email, copy of current education enrolment, current GPA (if available), and a copy of your resume
- A 500 word statement on:
- how you demonstrate leadership qualities and how you exemplify empowerment, integrity, and philanthropy
- your current community involvement (non-profit committees, volunteer work, tutoring, etc)
- what your academic and career aspirations are
- why you should be awarded the scholarship
- A 50 word endorsement by another woman who you look to as a mentor
How Scholarship is Awarded
The application deadline is September 30, 2013 and must be submitted to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed by Athena Leadership’s Board of Directors. The top 5 applicants will be judged by a panel of Athena Leadership mentors. The scholarship will be awarded on October 31, 2013.
For more information on the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.